Richard L. Oftedal
|Richard L. Oftedal|
|Current Court Information:|
|Florida Fifteenth Circuit Court|
|Appointed by:||Bob Martinez|
|Active:||8/2/1988 - 1/2019|
|Preceded by:||William Rutter, Jr.|
|Past post:||First General Counsel, Palm Beach County School Board|
|Past term:||1983 - 1988|
|Undergraduate:||University of Virginia, 1973|
|Law School:||University of Florida College of Law, 1976|
|Candidate for:||Fifteenth Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||August 14, 2012|
Oftedal received his B.S. degree (in Nuclear Engineering) from the University of Virginia in 1973. After a short stint as an engineer at Duke Power Company in North Carolina, he moved to Florida. He received his J.D. degree from the University of Florida College of Law in 1976.
Oftedal, after graduating in 1976, began his career with the private practice firm of Jackson and Jackson in Palm Beach. He later moved to the firm of Haines and Rossow. In 1980, he became a personnel attorney for the Palm Beach County School Board. He was promoted to First General Counsel for the School Board in 1983. He worked in that capacity until he was appointed to the circuit court in 1988.
- See also: Florida judicial elections, 2012
- Sun Sentinel, "Oftedal, Evans Take Palm Beach County Judgeships," November 9, 1988
- Florida Division of Elections, "Richard L. Oftedal, 2006"
- Judicial selection in Florida
- 15th Judicial Circuit, "Richard L. Oftedal biography"
- Palm Beach Bar Association, "Judge Richard Oftedal," February 1989
- Florida Division of Elections, "2012 Candidate Listing"