Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Connecticut Supreme Court|
|Appointed by:||Lowell P. Weicker, Jr.|
|Past post:||Connecticut State Attorney|
|Born:||May 27, 1950|
|Bachelors:||Trinity College, 1972|
|Law School:||University of Connecticut School of Law, 1977|
Richard N. Palmer is an associate justice of the seven member Connecticut Supreme Court. He was appointed to the court in the state's Commission-selection, political appointment method of judicial selection by Governor Lowell P. Weicker, Jr. in 1993. His current term expires in 2017.
Following his admission to the bar Palmer went into private practice at the firm Shipman & Goodwin from 1978 until 1980. He also was a founding partner at Chatigny & Palmer where he worked from 1984 until 1986. Palmer served as the Assistant U.S. Attorney for Connecticut from 1980 until 1983 and 1987 until 1990. In 1991 he was promoted to Chief State's Attorney for Connecticut where he served until his appointment to the Connecticut Supreme Court in 1993.
Awards and Associations
- Member, Judicial Branch Executive Committee
- President, Hartford Courant Foundation
- Professor, Quinnipiac University School of Law
- Professor, Yale University School of Law
- Connecticut Supreme Court
- MSNBC, "Skakel's attorneys argue for new trail in Conn.", March 26, 2009
- The Hartford Courant, "Apology Adds an Epilogue to Kelo Case," September 18, 2011
|Former||Joette Katz • Barry Schaller • William Sullivan • Christine Vertefeuille • David Bordon • Lubbie Harper •|