Richard R. Gleason
Richard R. Gleason was an associate judge of the First District of Iowa. He was appointed to this position in 1991. He was retained on November 2, 2010 to a 6-year term. However, he retired in June of 2011, after the state Supreme Court granted his disability retirement request.
Biography and Education
Gleason was born in Cascade, IA. He received both his bachelor's and law degrees from the University of North Dakota in 1974 and 1981.
Prior to his judicial appointment, Gleason worked as a private practice lawyer and served with the Legal Services Corporation of Iowa and the Youth LAw Center of Des Moines.
- Main article: Iowa judicial elections, 2010
- Iowa Judicial Branch: District 1
- Iowa Bar, Judicial Biographies: District 1A Judges standing for retention in 2010
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Iowa 2010 Unofficial General Election Results
- ↑ Iowa Court of Appeals
- ↑ Telegraph Herald.com, "Gleason retires as associate judge", June 23, 2011
- ↑ Daily Journal, "Disability retirement OK'd for Dubuque County judge, Gleason; replacement being sought", June 24, 2011
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Iowa District Court Judges and Magistrates
- ↑ Iowa Secretary of State, Judges Standing for Retention, November 2, 2010 General Election