Robert D. Bell
This page is about the Oklahoma Appellate Court judge. If you are looking for information on the Maryland Supreme Court justice, please see Robert M. Bell; or the federal judge for the Western District of Michigan, please see Robert Holmes Bell.
|Robert D. Bell|
|Current Court Information:|
|Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Brad Henry|
|Born:||May 11, 1967|
|Undergraduate:||University of Oklahoma|
|Law School:||University of Tulsa College of Law|
|Candidate for:||Court of Civil Appeals|
|Election information 2012:|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
|Retention vote %:||65.9%|
Robert Dick Bell is a judge on the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals in Oklahoma. He was appointed to this position in June of 2005. He was retained by voters in 2006 and 2012. His current term expires in 2018.
Bell graduated from the Norman Public School system. In 1989 he received his Bachelors degree from the University of Oklahoma and his Juris Doctor from the University of Tulsa College of Law in 1992. While in law school, Bell earned the award for distinguished service to the House of Delegates; he earned this because he was elected to office all three years of school.
For thirteen years Judge Bell was in private practice in Norman, Oklahoma. Also during that time he served as Municipal Judge for the cities of Moore, Purcell, Blanchard, Noble and Broken Arrow.
In 1994, at age 27, Bell was appointed to the bench becoming the youngest sitting judge in Oklahoma. Since 1998 he has served as Adjunct Professor at the University of Oklahoma College of Law. He was appointed judge on the Court of Civil Appeals in June of 2005.
- A member of the Oklahoma Bar Association
- A member pf the District of Columbia Bar Association
- See also: Oklahoma judicial elections, 2012
- 2006 election results
- Oklahoma State Election Board: Unofficial 2012 General Election Results Scroll to p.18
- Judge Bell Biography from the Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma State Election Board: Official 2012 General Election Results - Judicial Retention
- Oklahoma.gov: Candidates for General Election, November 6, 2012 Scroll to p.13
|Former||Tom Colbert • John Reif • Charles Chapel • Glenn Adams • Carol Hansen • Doug Gabbard •|