Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Texas Fifth District Court of Appeals|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Rick Perry|
|Past post:||Attorney, private practice|
|Past term:||Before joining court|
|Bachelors:||University of Kansas|
|Law School:||University of Kansas School of Law|
|Candidate for:||Fifth District Court of Appeals|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||May 29, 2012|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
Robert M. Fillmore is a judge on the Texas Fifth District Court of Appeals. Governor Perry appointed him to this position on May 6, 2009. He was elected to the seat in November 2010 and was re-elected on November 6, 2012 for a term that expires on December 31, 2018.
Prior to joining the Court of Appeals, Justice Fillmore worked as an attorney and partner of the law firm Hunton and Williams L.L.P. His specialty is public utility law. He previously worked as an assistant attorney general and a special assistant attorney general in Kansas. He has also worked as an adjunct faculty member of Southern Methodist University's Dedman School of Law and the University of Kansas School of Law.
- See also: Texas judicial elections, 2010
- See also: Texas judicial elections, 2012
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Gov. Perry Names Fillmore Justice of the 5th Court of Appeals", Office of the Governor press release, May 6, 2009
- ↑ Texas Secretary of State: Judges' terms
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 2012 General Election Results-Texas
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Reverse and Render Welcomes Dallas' Newest Appellate Judge", Mike Northrup, May 15, 2009
- ↑ Texas Secretary of State, Live Unofficial Election Results
- ↑ Texas Secretary of State: 2012 General Election Summary Select "2012 General Election"
- ↑ Texas Republican Party, 2012 Candidate Filing