Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit|
|Appointed by:||Bill Clinton|
|Active:||5/9/1994 - 7/1/2010|
|Preceded by:||William Holloway, Jr.|
|Succeeded by:||Robert Bacharach|
|Undergraduate:||University of Oklahoma '74|
|Law School:||University of Oklahoma Law '76|
Robert Harlan Henry was a federal judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit. He joined the court in 1994 after being nominated by President Bill Clinton. Henry served as the Chief Judge of the court from 2008 - 2010.
On July 1, 2010 Henry stepped down from the Tenth Circuit and assume the position of President of Oklahoma City University. He stepped down from his position as chief judge effective midnight of April 30, 2010. He was succeeded as chief judge by Mary Briscoe.
Early life and education
- Private practice, Shawnee, Oklahoma, 1977-1987
- State representative, Oklahoma House of Representatives, 1976-1986
- State attorney general, Oklahoma, 1987-1992
- Dean and professor of law, Oklahoma City University School of Law, 1993-1994
Federal judicial career
Henry was nominated by President Bill Clinton on February 9, 1994 to a seat vacated by William Holloway, Jr.. Henry was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on May 6, 1994 on a majority voice vote and received his commission on May 9, 1994. Henry served as Chief Judge of the court from 2008 - 2010.
- The Oklahoman "Federal Judge Robert Henry to be president of Oklahoma City University," December 10, 2009
- Tulsa World "Judge resigns from Denver-based appeals court," December 11, 2009
- Associated Press "Judge Henry resigns from Denver appeals court," April 29, 2010
- Judge Henry's Biography from the Federal Judicial Center
- The Norman Transcript "Judge Henry as OCU's leader," December 12, 2009 (dead link)
- "THOMAS" Nomination of Robert Henry, March 3, 2009
Chief Judge: Mary Briscoe • Jerome Holmes • Neil Gorsuch • Timothy Tymkovich • Harris Hartz • Carlos Lucero • Paul Kelly • Carolyn McHugh • Nancy Caplinger-Moritz • Robert Bacharach • Scott Matheson • Gregory Alan Phillips
|Former judges||William E. Doyle • Robert Henry • Michael McConnell • William Holloway • Robert McWilliams • James Barrett • John Hazelton Cotteral • Robert E. Lewis • Robert Williams • Orie Leon Phillips • George Thomas McDermott • Sam Gilbert Bratton • Alfred Murrah • Walter Huxman • David Thomas Lewis • Jean Breitenstein • Delmas Hill • John Hickey • James Logan • John Pickett • Oliver Seth •|
|Former Chief judges|