|Robert James Shelby|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States District Court for the District of Utah|
|Appointed by:||Barack Obama|
|Preceded by:||Tena Campbell|
|Past post:||Attorney, private practice|
|Born:||March 13, 1970|
|Bachelors:||Utah State U., B.A., 1944|
|Law School:||U. of Virginia Law, J.D., 1948|
|Military service:||Utah Army National Guard, 1988-1996; Combat engineer, Operation Desert Storm|
Early life and education
- 2012-present: Judge, United States District Court for the District of Utah
- 2011-2012: Shareholder, Snow, Christensen & Martineau
- 2005-2011: Partner, Burbridge Mitchell & Gross
- 2000-2005: Associate, Snow, Christensen & Martineau
- 1999-2000: Law clerk, Hon. J. Thomas Greene, U.S. District Court, District of Utah 
2012 Federal judiciary nomination
Obama nominated Shelby on November 30, 2011 to the United States District Court for the District of Utah to fill the vacancy left by Tena Campbell.
|“||Throughout their careers, these nominees have displayed unwavering commitment to justice and integrity. Their records of service to the public and the legal profession are distinguished and impressive and I am confident that they will serve the American people well from the United States District Court bench. I am honored to nominate them today. -President Barack Obama||”|
He was rated Unanimously Qualified by the American Bar Association. He had a hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee on March 28, 2012 and you can find his Committee Questionnaire Available Here and his Questions for the Record Available Here.
On September 22, 2012 the United States Senate confirmed Robert Shelby to an Article III post for the United States District Court for the District of Utah with a voice vote.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Biographical Directory of Federal Judges, "Shelby, Robert James"
- ↑ Associated Press, "Shelby confirmed by Senate as Utah federal judge," September 23, 2012
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 "President Obama Nominates Three to Serve on the US District Court Bench" 11/30/2011
- ↑ "Presidential Nominations Sent to the Senate" 11/30/2011
- ↑ 112th Congress Nomination Materials
- ↑ 112th Congress Confirmations
- ↑ United States Periodic Press Gallery
|Federal judicial offices|
|District of Utah
|Magistrate judges||Paul Warner • Robert Braithwaite • Brooke Wells •|
|Former Article III judges|
|Former Chief judges|