Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Illinois First District Appellate Court|
|Past position:||Cook Circuit Court Judge|
|Undergraduate:||University of Illinois at Urbana, 1976|
|Law School:||University of Chicago, 1981|
|Candidate for:||Cook County 14th Subcircuit|
|Election information 2014:|
Rodolfo Garcia is a justice on the Illinois First District Appellate Court, 1st Division. He was assigned to this court in March of 2003, although he was retained to the Cook County Circuit Court in 2008 and continues to serve the six-year terms of circuit court judges. He is running for retention in 2014.
- See also: Illinois judicial elections, 2014
|Garcia is running for retention to the Cook County 14th Subcircuit. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.|
The Illinois State Bar Association rated Rodolfo Garcia as Recommended for retention in 2014.
Judge Garcia began his career working for the Illinois Attorney General as an assistant in the Criminal Appeals Division. In 1982, he joined the law practice of Fredrick F. Cohn and Associates. The following year, he started his own general practice. In November of 1996 he was elected circuit judge for the 14th Judicial Subcircuit of the Cook County Circuit Court. He judged in the 4th Municipal District before moving to the Criminal Division in April of 1997. He took his current post on the appellate court in March of 2003.
News and Articles
- Domestic violence law `trumps immunity': Chicago Daily Law Bulletin
The family of a woman who allegedly was murdered by her former boyfriend can go ahead with its lawsuit alleging that two suburban police departments failed to protect her after learning of the man's plot to kill her, the 1st District Appellate Court held Monday.
The appeals court reinstated the suit brought by relatives of Mary E. Lacey. Lacey and her mother, Margaret Ballog, were found murdered on Dec. 13, 2004, at Lacey's Glenview home.
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "List of judges seeking retention in the November 4, 2014 general election," accessed May 8, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "Federal and State Officers," 2009 Scroll to page 88
- Illinois Constitution, "Article VI, Sections 10 & 12"
- Illinois State Bar Association, "Judicial Evaluations," October 2014
- Illinois Courts, "Official biography of Judge Garcia"