Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|New Mexico Second Judicial District Court|
|Preceded by:||Geraldine E. Rivera|
|Past position:||Shareholder, Sutin, Thayer & Browne P.A.|
|Law School:||Creighton University School of Law|
C. Shannon Bacon is a district court judge in the Second Judicial District of New Mexico. She was appointed to this position in April of 2010 to replace the retired judge Geraldine E. Rivera. Her current term ends on January 1, 2016.
- 2005 to 2010 - A Shareholder at Sutin, Thayer & Browne P.A.
- 1999 to 2005 - A Shareholder at Eaves, Bardacke, Baugh, Kierst & Kiernan
- 1997 to 1999 - A Judicial Clerk to the Honorable A. Joseph Alarid on the New Mexico Court of Appeals
- 1996 to 1997 - A Teaching and Research Assistant at Creighton University School of Law
- 1996 - A Law Clerk for William E. Snead, Esq.
- 1995-1996 - A Law Clerk for Bethpage Mission
Awards and associations
- Member of the State Bar of New Mexico from 1997 to present.
- Past Board Member and Member of the State Bar of New Mexico, Appellate Practice Section from 2004 to present.
- Past-President and Member of the New Mexico Women’s Bar Association from 1998 to present.
- Member of the New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association from 1997 to present.
- Member of the Albuquerque Bar Association from 2005 to present.
- Member of the American Bar Association from 1997 to present.
- Member of the American Association for Justice from 1997 to present.
- Main article: New Mexico judicial elections, 2010