Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Michigan Forty-sixth Judicial District Court|
|Past position:||Attorney, private practice|
|Law School:||University of Michigan Law School|
|Candidate for:||Supreme Court|
|Election information 2012:|
Awards and associations
- 2007-2010: "Who's Who in Black Detroit"
- 2005, 2007, 2010: Recognized in "Black Judges in America"
- 2009: Mattie Belle Davis Award, National Association of Women Judges
- 2008: Powerful Woman of Purpose Award, Rhonda Walker Foundation
- 2006: Member of the Year Award, Southern Oakland County NAACP
- 2005: Torch Award, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc., Southfield Alumnae Chapter
- 2005: Native Detroiter Magazine award
- Board of Directors, Judicial Council of the National Bar Association
- Member, Michigan District Judges Association
- Member, Wolverine Bar Association
- Member, D. Augustus Straker Bar Association
- Member, Oakland County District Judges Association 
For more affiliations, see: Shelia Johnson for Supreme Court website, About Judge Johnson.
Johnson competed Mindy Barry and incumbent Brian Zahra on November 6, 2012. Johnson was defeated in the general election, receiving 41.72% of the vote.   Though the race is non-partisan, Johnson was endorsed by the Democratic Party in March. 
- See also: Michigan judicial elections, 2012
Bar association ratings
Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
The WLAM rated candidates running for judicial office with one of four ratings: Outstanding, Well Qualified, Qualified or No Rating.
Johnson was rated as Well Qualified. 
In an interview, Johnson said she was passionate about increasing access to justice, use of technology and community outreach. 
- The Macomb Daily. To read the endorsement, see: The Macomb Daily, "Editorial: Preferred judicial candidates favor a nonpartisan court," October 28, 2012.
- Michigan State AFL-CIO 
- Judge Shelia Johnson for Michigan Supreme Court website
- City of Southfield: 46th District Court
- LSJ.com, Voter Guide: Shelia Johnson
- The Detroit News, "Michigan Dems pick three women to run for state Supreme Court," September 9, 2012
- Lenconnect.com, "Candidate seeks Michigan Supreme Court with more 'balance'," May 21, 2012
- ↑ 46th District
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Shelia Johnson for Supreme Court website, About Judge Johnson
- ↑ Michigan Department of State, Unofficial Results: Justice of the Supreme Court - Partial Term
- ↑ Michigan Department of State, 2012 General Election Candidates
- ↑ ElectaBlog, "Scenes from the 2012 Michigan Democratic Party Endorsement Convention," March 10, 2012
- ↑ Women Lawyers Association of Michigan, Press Release: "WLAM Endorses, Rates Judicial Candidates"
- ↑ MLive.com, "Supreme Court justice candidate Shelia Johnson discusses her candidacy," October 27, 2012
- ↑ 2012 Michigan State AFL-CIO endorsements