Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Monroe County Court of Common Pleas, Pennsylvania|
|Candidate for:||Monroe County Court of Common Pleas|
|Election information 2011:|
|Primary date:||May 17, 2011|
|Election date:||November 8, 2011|
Higgins won the Republican party primary on May 17. He received 23.7% in the Democratic primary and 30.3% of the vote in the Republican primary. He was elected to one of two open seats in the general election on November 8, winning 49.9% of the vote.
- See also: Pennsylvania judicial elections, 2011
After his admission to the bar Higgins served in the Essex County, New Jersey Prosecutors Office from 1986 until 1989. He then became a private practice attorney with the firm Roberts, Pedicini & Fielo where he worked from 1990 until 1993. Higgins then opened his own practice as Higgins Law Office' where he has worked since 1993.
Awards and associations
- Past Trustee, Eastern Monroe Public Library
- Advisory Board, Salvation Army
- Delegate, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Board of Governors
- President, Monroe County Bar Association
- Member, Monroe County Bar Association, Law Day Race Committee
- Member, Monroe County Bar Association, Bench/Bar Committee
- Member, Monroe County Bar Association, High School Mock Trial Judge
- Member, Monroe County Bar Association, Law Day Fairy Tale Trial Participant
- Pocono Record, "Judge race could be the last for awhile," February 22, 2011
- Higgins for Judge, Official campaign website
- Pocono Record "Two Stroudsburg attorneys want county judge seats," October 11, 2011