Steven J. Oeth
|Steven J. Oeth|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Iowa District Two|
|Title:||District Court Judge|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Chet Culver|
|Law School:||Drake University|
|Candidate for:||District 2B|
|Election information 2012:|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
|Retention vote %:||77.2%|
Oeth received his bachelor's and law degrees from Drake University in 1978 and 1982, respectively.
Oeth worked as a Boone County attorney from 1984 to 1997 and as a private practice lawyer from 1986 to 1997. He was first appointed to the district court in June of 1997 as an associate judge. He worked in this capacity until 2010.
- See also: Iowa judicial elections, 2012
- Associated Press "Culver appoints Steven Oeth as district judge," June 12, 2010
- Associated Press "Culver names judge to replace Danilson," June 14, 2010
- Iowa District 2 Judges and Magistrates
- Iowa Secretary of State, Unofficial General Election Results: District 2b
- Iowa Secretary of State, Judges Standing for Retention 2012