Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Past position:||Attorney in private practice|
|Past term:||Arbitrator, Centre County Court of Common Pleas and Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas|
|Undergraduate:||Penn State University|
|Law School:||Vermont Law School, 1986|
|Grad. School:||Penn State University|
|Candidate for:||Centre County Magisterial District|
|Election information 2013:|
| Lachman ran for election to the Centre County Magisterial District.
Primary: He received 53.5% of the vote in the Democratic primary on May 21, 2013, defeating Susan Bardo and Jeffrey S. Helffrich. He cross-filed as a Republican but lost in that primary.
Lachman earned an undergraduate degree from Penn State University. He earned his J.D. in 1986, graduating cum laude from Vermont Law School. He also holds a graduate degree in geography from Penn State University.
- 2014-2019: Judge, Centre County Magisterial District
- 1998-2013: Court-appointed Arbitrator, Centre County Court of Common Pleas and Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas
- 2008-2012: Assistant law professor, Legal writing, Dickinson School of Law, Penn State University
- 2000-2008: Volunteer community mediator, Center for Alternatives in Community Justice
Lachman also works as an attorney in private practice. He has previously worked as a public defender for Allegheny County, a litigator for the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection and as an attorney with a civil litigation firm. He was also an opinion columnist for the Centre Daily Times.
Awards and associations
- Coach, Forensics Mock Trial Team, State College Area High School
- Coach, Debate Team, State College Area High School
- Vice-Chair, Moshannon Group, Sierra Club
- Volunteer, Schlow Memorial Library
- Volunteer, Annual book sale, American Association of University Women
- Former secretary, Board of Directors, Voices of Central Pennsylvania
- Former assistant scoutmaster, Boy Scout Troop 83
- Former coach and referee, Centre Soccer Association
- Former coach, Girls' basketball team, Our Lady of Victory and OLV Hoops youth basketball league
- Former coach, State College Little League Baseball
|“||. . .Treating people fairly, yet holding them accountable for their actions is what keeps our community a good place to live and keeps society civilized. -Steven Lachman||”|
- Lachman Campaign Website
- Centre County Election Results
- Centre County Government, "Unofficial Election Results - 2013 Municipal Primary," May 21, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.