Terrence J. Lavin
|Terrence J. Lavin|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Illinois First District Appellate Court|
|Preceded by:||John Tully|
|Past position:||Founder/Lawyer, Lavin Law Offices|
|Bachelors:||University of Illinois, 1977|
|Law School:||Chicago-Kent College of Law, 1983|
|Candidate for:||First District Appellate Court|
|Confirmation:||Vacancy of John Tully|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||March 20, 2012|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
Terrence J. Lavin is a judge on the Illinois First District Appellate Court, Fifth Division. He was appointed to this position on February 1, 2010 to fill the vacancy created by former Judge John Tully. He was elected on Nov. 6, 2012 for a term that expires in 2022.
Judge Lavin received his undergraduate degree (in Journalism) from the University of Illinois in 1977 and his law degree from the Chicago-Kent College of Law in 1983.
Judge Lavin worked as a civil trial lawyer until his appointment to the Appellate Court. He worked as an associate at the firms of Corboy & Demetrio and Wildman, Harrold Allen & Dixon. He then became a partner in the firm of Power Rogers Lavin. In 1994, he founded the Lavin Law Offices, where he practiced through 2009. He was then appointed to the Appellate Court.
Lavin was re-elected to the First District Appellate Court on Nov. 6, 2012. He was unopposed in the March 20, 2012 Democratic primary, as well as the general election, and will replace John P. Tully.
- See also: Illinois judicial elections, 2012
- ↑ State of Illinois Supreme Court, "Order of Judicial Appointment," November 9, 2009
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Official biography of Judge Lavin
- ↑ Illinois Board of Elections: November 6, 2012 Official Vote Scroll to p.121
- ↑ Illinois State Bar Association: Results from Tuesday's Cook County judicial elections; Theis holds Supreme Court seat
- ↑ Illinois Judges.net: Vacancy of John P. Tully, Candidates for Appellate Justice - First District