|Current Court Information:|
|Nebraska District 4|
|Active:||2003 - Present|
|Past position:||Private practice lawyer|
|Past term:||1975 - 2003|
|Law School:||Creighton University|
|Candidate for:||District 4 Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Retention vote %:||68.53%|
- See also: Nebraska judicial elections, 2012
2012 judicial performance evaluation
Every two years, the Nebraska State Bar Association compiles responses from lawyers to evaluate judges in the state. Subjects are rated in seven categories, then a determination is made for whether the judge should be retained. The seven categories considered are: legal analysis; impartiality; attentiveness; opinions; judicial temperament and demeanor; appropriate communication; and timeliness.
96.3 percent of respondents stated that Judge Otepka should be retained in office. To read the full evaluation, see: Nebraska State Bar Association, 2012 Evaluation Results.
Otepka began his career in 1972 as an Assistant Omaha City Prosecutor. In 1975, he became a private practice lawyer. He then joined the District Court in 2003 and the Drug Court in 2009.
- Official biography of Judge Thomas Otepka
- Nebraska Judicial Branch, "District Court Judge Address List," accessed December 10, 2014 (dead link)
- Nebraska Secretary of State, Unofficial General Election Results: Judicial retention
- Nebraska Secretary of State, Judicial Candidate List for retention in office