Thomas P. Nugent
|Thomas P. Nugent|
|Current Court Information:|
|Superior Court of San Diego County, California|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Pete Wilson|
|Past post:||Senior partner, Nugent & Newnham|
|Undergraduate:||University of Pennsylvania Wharton School|
|Law School:||University of Pennsylvania|
|Military service:||U.S. Marine Corps|
|Candidate for:||San Diego County Superior Court|
Thomas P. Nugent was a judge for the Superior Court of San Diego County in San Diego County, California. He was appointed to the court in January 1998 by Governor Pete Wilson and retired from the bench on January 14, 2015.
Before he became a judge, Nugent worked as a litigator and was a senior partner at the law firm of Nugent & Newnham.
Nugent ran for re-election to the Superior Court of San Diego County in 2012. As an unopposed incumbent, his name did not appear on the ballot. After the primary election, Nugent was automatically re-elected.
- See also: California judicial elections, 2012
- California Courts, "Trial Courts Roster," accessed April 9, 2014
- San Diego Source, "SD Superior Court Judge Nugent announces retirement," January 9, 2015
- Superior Court of California: County of San Diego, "Superior Court Judge Thomas P. Nugent Retires," January 9, 2015
- Smart Voter.org, "Judicial Contests for San Diego County, CA, June 5, 2012 Election," accessed January 14, 2015