Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Jackson County Circuit Court, Oregon|
|Alternative court:||1st Judicial District|
|Past position:||Deputy district attorney, Jackson County|
|Undergraduate:||University of Oregon, 1988|
|Law School:||Lewis and Clark Northwestern School of Law, 1991|
|Candidate for:||Circuit Court, 1st District|
|Election information 2014:|
Timothy Barnack is a judge on the Jackson County Circuit Court in Oregon, which is located within the 1st Judicial District. He was elected to this position in 2008, effective January 2009. He was re-elected in 2014 for a term that expires on January 3, 2021.
- See also: Oregon judicial elections, 2014
| Barnack ran for re-election to the Oregon Circuit Court, 1st Judicial District.
Primary: He was elected without opposition in the primary on May 20, 2014.
- 2009-2021: Judge, Jackson County Circuit Court
- 1996-2008: Deputy district attorney, Jackson County
- 1991-1996: Attorney in private practice
- 2004-2005: Adjunct professor, Southern Oregon University
- 1999-2001: Adjunct Professor, Rogue Community College
Judge Barnack sanctioned for remarks to child molester
Judge Barnack was sanctioned by the Oregon Supreme Court in February of 2013 for disparaging remarks that he made to a serial child molester at a January 21 hearing. Richard L. Taylor was convicted of 21 counts of child sex abuse in 2011, but new evidence brought him before Barnack for another hearing. Barnack told Taylor that he would "rot in prison" and that "we are going to make sure you never get out." Additionally, he called Taylor a "bad person," a "piece of s---" and told him that community members wondered why he wasn't hanging from a tree.
The court's ruling stated that Barnack apologized for his behavior and accepted the censure, which carried no fines or fees and did not limit his judicial duties. The court stated that Barnack was traumatized from viewing videos of the abuse. "I've learned from this experience. And I look forward to continuing to serve the people of Jackson County," Barnack stated.
- Jackson County Republican Women, "Judge Tim Barnack," accessed January 2013
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidates for 2014 Primary Election," accessed April 14, 2014
- See: Judicial selection in Oregon
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Unofficial Election Results," May 20, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Tim Barnack - Candidate for Circuit Court Judge, accessed January 2013"
- The Oregonian, "Jackson County Judge Tim Barnack sanctioned for remarks to pedophile," February 10, 2013