|Todd E. Edelman|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Superior Court of the District of Columbia|
|Title: || Judge|
|Appointed by: || Barack Obama|
|Active: || 6/2010-Present|
|Preceded by: || Cheryl M. Long|
|Past post: || Clinical professor, Georgetown Law School|
|Past term: || 2008-2010|
|Undergraduate: || Yale University, 1990|
|Law School: || New York University School of Law, 1994|
Todd E. Edelman is an associate judge on the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. He was nominated in 2010 by President Barack Obama and was confirmed by the Senate on June 22, 2010.
Edelman received a B.A. in Political Science from Yale College in 1990 and a J.D. from New York University School of Law in 1994.
- 2010-Present: Associate judge, Superior Court of the District of Columbia
- 2008-2010: Clinical professor, Georgetown Law School
- 2005-2008: Of counsel, Bredhoff and Kaiser, PLLC
- 2004-2008; 2014-Present: Adjunct professor, Georgetown University Law Center
- 2004-2005: Training director, Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia
- 2002-2004: Chief attorney, Serious Felony Section, Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia
- 2000-2002: Supervising attorney, Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia
- 1997-2000: Staff attorney, Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia
- 1995-1997: Fellow, Georgetown University Law Center
- 1994-1995: Law clerk, Judge William B. Bryant, United States District Court for the District of Columbia
Superior Court nomination
In June 2010, Judge Edelman was nominated by President Obama to serve as an associate judge for the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. His nomination was confirmed on June 22, 2010.
Awards and associations
- 2012: Distinguished Alumni Award, Ladue Horton Watkins High School
- 2007-2010: Board of directors, Washington Council of Lawyers
- 2006-2010: Steering committee, District of Columbia Bar Criminal Law and Individual Rights Section
- 2003: Wasserstein Public Interest Fellowship, Harvard Law School
- Member, William B. Bryant American Inn of Court