United States District Court for the District of North Carolina
The United States District Court for the District of North Carolina was created by Congress in 1790. In 1794, North Carolina was divided into three judicial districts: the Edenton, the New Bern, and the Wilmington. In 1797, these districts were abolished, and the District of North Carolina was restored. Four years later, the Judiciary Act of 1801 divided North Carolina into three districts: the Albemarle, the Cape Fear, and the Pamptico. North Carolina was later re-formed into Eastern and Western Districts, and the District of North Carolina has never been restored.