United States District Court for the District of Wilmington
The United States District Court for the District of New Bern was one of three federal judicial districts (Edenton, New Bern, and Wilmington) into which North Carolina was divided by 1 Stat. 395 on June 9, 1974. Only one judgeship was authorized to serve all three districts. On March 3, 1797, that act was repealed by 1 Stat. 517, which restored the District of North Carolina, re-uniting the entire state as one federal judicial district. John Sitgreaves filled the sole seat on these three courts for the three years of their existence, from 1794-1797.