|Current Court Information:|
|Nevada Eighth Judicial District Court|
|Past position:||Prosecuting attorney, Clark County District Attorney’s Office|
|Past position 2:||Attorney in private practice|
|Law School:||Georgetown University Law Center|
|Candidate for:||Eighth District Court|
|Election information 2014:|
Valerie Adair is a judge for Department 21 of the Eighth Judicial District Court in Nevada. She was first elected to the court in November 2002 and was most recently re-elected in 2014. Her current term expires in 2021.
- See also: Nevada judicial elections, 2014
| Adair ran for re-election to the Eighth Judicial District Court (Dept. 21).
Primary: She was elected without opposition in the primary on June 10, 2014.
2013 judicial performance evaluation
In 2013, the Las Vegas Review-Journal sponsored a survey of 902 lawyers who rated Nevada Supreme Court justices and judges located in Clark County. 78% of respondents voted in favor of keeping Adair on the bench. The average vote in favor of retention for all 88 judges evaluated was 71%.
Before she became a judge, Adair worked in the Clark County District Attorney’s Office from 1990 until her election to the Eighth Judicial District Court in 2002. She served early on in the criminal division of the District Attorney's Office and then became the chief deputy district attorney for the Fraud Unit. She also previously worked as an attorney in civil litigation in Los Angeles, California.
- Clark County Courts, "Judge Valerie Adair Biography"
- Clark County Courts, "Eighth Judicial District Court"
- Clark County Courts, "Judge Valerie Adair," accessed October 12, 2014
- Clark County Courts, "Judge Valerie Adair Biography," accessed October 12, 2014
- Clark County Nevada, "Election: Candidate Filing in Clark County"," accessed February 13, 2014 Select "Election Year: 2014"
- Silver State Election Night Results, "2014 Primary Election Results - Judicial," accessed June 11, 2014
- Clark County website, "Election History," accessed August 18, 2014 Select 2002 General Election, Official Election Results
- Las Vegas Review Journal, "2013 Judicial Performance Evaluation," accessed September 23, 2014