Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Candidate for:||Pennsylvania Superior Court|
|Election information 2011:|
|Primary date:||May 17, 2011|
|Election date:||November 8, 2011|
|Candidate for:||Superior Court|
|Election information 2013:|
Victor P. Stabile was elected to the Pennsylvania Superior Court on November 5, 2013. He previously ran for election to this court in 2011, but was unsuccessful.
Stabile ran for election to the Pennsylvania Superior Court.
Primary: He received
100% of the vote in the Republican primary on May 21, 2013.
- See also: Pennsylvania judicial elections, 2011
Stabile was rated as Recommended by the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
Stabile is the managing partner in a law firm located in Harrisburg, where he has worked since 1987. Before this, he served as a deputy attorney general in the state Attorney General's Office from 1984 to 1987.
Awards and associations
- Former chairman, Cumberland County Republican Party
According to Vic Stabile's campaign website, he holds that:
During the 2011 campaign, The Patriot-News newspaper asked candidates for the statewide races when it would be appropriate for a judge to recuse herself or himself from a case. In response, Stabile said, "If a campaign contribution is disproportionate, you must recuse."
- Vic Stabile Campaign Page
- Vic Stabile Profile on the Mercer County Republicans Website
- Youtube, "Meet Vic Stabile," May 9, 2011
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, "State judicial races often exercises in anonymity," October 23, 2011
- The Morning Call "Appeals court candidates fight for attention," October 15, 2011
- Pennsylvania Department of State: Unofficial 2013 Municipal Election Results
- Pennsylvania Department of State: Unofficial Election Returns - 2013 Municipal Primary, Superior Court
- CBS Local, "Pennsylvania Primary: One Statewide Race But Many Local Races," April 20, 2013
- Pennsylvania Secretary of State, 2011 Municipal Primary Official Results
- Pennsylvania Department of State, Unofficial Elections Returns
- Pennsylvania Department of State, 2011 Primary Candidates
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Judicial Evaluation Commission
- Republican Party of Pennsylvania, "PA GOP Endorses Candidates for Pennsylvania's Superior and Commonwealth Court," February 12, 2011
- The Patriot-News, "Superior Court: Stabile is our choice with down-to-earth approach," October 30, 2011
- Vic Stabile Campaign Page - About
- The Daily Review, "Candidate for Superior Court speaks in Wysox Township," February 22, 2011
- Republican Party of Pennsylvania, Vic Stabile for Superior Court
- Vic Stabile Campaign Page
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Pennlive.com, Editorial: "Pa. judge races are attracting more money and potential bias," October 29, 2011