Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Candidate for:||Pennsylvania Superior Court|
|Election information 2011:|
|Primary date:||May 17, 2011|
|Election date:||November 8, 2011|
|Candidate for:||Superior Court|
|Election information 2013:|
Victor P. Stabile was elected to the Pennsylvania Superior Court on November 5, 2013. He previously ran for election to this court in 2011, but was unsuccessful.
| Stabile ran for election to the Pennsylvania Superior Court.
Primary: He received 100% of the vote in the Republican primary on May 21, 2013.
- See also: Pennsylvania judicial elections, 2011
Stabile was rated as Recommended by the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
Stabile is the managing partner in a law firm located in Harrisburg, where he has worked since 1987. Before this, he served as a deputy attorney general in the state Attorney General's Office from 1984 to 1987.
Awards and associations
- Former chairman, Cumberland County Republican Party
According to Vic Stabile's campaign website, he holds that:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
During the 2011 campaign, The Patriot-News newspaper asked candidates for the statewide races when it would be appropriate for a judge to recuse herself or himself from a case. In response, Stabile said, "If a campaign contribution is disproportionate, you must recuse."
- Vic Stabile Campaign Page
- Vic Stabile Profile on the Mercer County Republicans Website
- Youtube, "Meet Vic Stabile," May 9, 2011
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, "State judicial races often exercises in anonymity," October 23, 2011
- The Morning Call "Appeals court candidates fight for attention," October 15, 2011
- Pennsylvania Department of State: Unofficial 2013 Municipal Election Results
- Pennsylvania Department of State: Unofficial Election Returns - 2013 Municipal Primary, Superior Court
- CBS Local, "Pennsylvania Primary: One Statewide Race But Many Local Races," April 20, 2013
- Pennsylvania Secretary of State, 2011 Municipal Primary Official Results
- Pennsylvania Department of State, Unofficial Elections Returns
- Pennsylvania Department of State, 2011 Primary Candidates
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Judicial Evaluation Commission
- Republican Party of Pennsylvania, "PA GOP Endorses Candidates for Pennsylvania's Superior and Commonwealth Court," February 12, 2011
- The Patriot-News, "Superior Court: Stabile is our choice with down-to-earth approach," October 30, 2011
- Vic Stabile Campaign Page - About
- The Daily Review, "Candidate for Superior Court speaks in Wysox Township," February 22, 2011
- Republican Party of Pennsylvania, Vic Stabile for Superior Court
- Vic Stabile Campaign Page
- Pennlive.com, Editorial: "Pa. judge races are attracting more money and potential bias," October 29, 2011