West Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana
West Baton Rouge is located within the First Circuit Court of Appeal.
The United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana has jurisdiction in West Baton Rouge Parish. Appeals from the Middle District go to the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Division A - James J. Best (Pointe Coupee Parish)
- Division B - Robin Free (West Baton Rouge Parish)
- Division C - Alvin Batiste (Iberville Parish)
- Division D - William Dupont (Iberville Parish, Chief Judge)
These judges hear civil matters in all of the parishes as well as criminal matters in their assigned parishes.
Justice of the Peace Courts
- Ward 1 - Thomas Glenn Prejean
- Ward 2 - Clifford Guidry
- Ward 4 - Michael Ryan
- Ward 5 - Fern David
- Ward 6 - James Ducote
- Ward 7 - James Womack