William Blair Sylvester
|William Blair Sylvester|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Colorado Eighteenth Judicial District|
|Past position:||18th Judicial District Attorney's Office|
|Undergraduate:||University of Maryland, 1973|
|Law School:||University of Georgia, 1976|
William Blair Sylvester is the Chief Judge of the Colorado Eighteenth Judicial District Court. He has served on this court since August 1, 2001 and he became the Chief Judge in October of 2006. He was retained in 2010 to a six year term that ends on December 31, 2016.
Sylvester served in the U.S. Army before receiving his bachelor's degree from the University of Maryland in 1973. He then graduated from the University of Georgia with a law degree in 1976.
Sylvester began his career as a general private practice lawyer. In January of 1991, he left that position to join the 18th Judicial District Attorney's Office. He served there until his appointment to the District Court in 2001.
- Main article: Colorado judicial elections, 2010
Sylvester was recommended for retention by the Colorado Office of Judicial Performance Evaluation. 
- Read Sylvester's Judicial Performance Review here.
Colorado movie theater shooter
- News: Gag order remains in place for Colorado shooting case, August 14, 2012
- News: Judge Sylvester presides over first court appearance of suspected Colorado theater shooter, July 23, 2012
- ↑ Colorado district courts
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Official Colorado 2010 Election Results - Cumulative Report
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 William Blair Sylvester Biography
- ↑ Law Week Colorado, Judicial Retention: Sheet1
- ↑ Colorado Office of Judicial Performance Evaluation, Arapahoe County
- ↑ TIME News Feed, "Alleged Colorado Movie-Theater Shooter Makes First Court Appearance," July 23, 2012
- ↑ http://gantdaily.com, "Colorado shooter appears in court with orange-red dyed hair, daze look," July 23, 2012
- ↑ Catholic Online, "Cryptic Colorado shooter appears before judge," July 23, 2012
- ↑ NBC News, "Judge in James Holmes case: Gag order remains, most records remain sealed," August 13, 2012
- ↑ USA Today, "Judge enters not guilty plea for Holmes, sets Aug. 5 trial date", March 12, 2013
- ↑ The New York Times, "Not Guilty Plea Is Entered in Colorado Mass Shooting", March 12, 2013