William F. Ward
|William F. Ward|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas, Pennsylvania|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Tom Corbett|
|Undergraduate:||The College of the Holy Cross|
|Law School:||Template University School of Law|
|Candidate for:||Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas|
|Election information 2013:|
William F. Ward is a judge for the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas, Family Division in Pennsylvania. He was selected by Governor Tom Corbett in May 2012 and confirmed by the Pennsylvania Senate on August 14, 2012.
Ward is running to retain his position on the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas. He cross-filed in both Democratic and Republican primaries, winning the Republican with 18.2% of the vote and losing the Democratic with 5.8%.
- See also: Pennsylvania judicial elections, 2013
Prior to his court appointment, Ward served as Governor Corbett's Chief of Staff. Before that, he spent eight years in private practice. Within the legal profession he has served as Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Pennsylvania, First Deputy Attorney General, and Chairman of the Pennsylvania Board of Probation and Parole. 
- Press Release: "Governor Corbett to Nominate William Ward to Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas; Names Stephen Aichele Chief of Staff," May 24, 2012
- Bill Ward: Facebook Campaign Page
- LinkedIn.com, Profile: William F. Ward
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Press Release: "Governor Corbett to Nominate William Ward to Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas; Names Stephen Aichele Chief of Staff," May 24, 2012
- ↑ No. 301 Common Pleas Judicial Classification Docket - Court order appointing Cozza and Ward
- ↑ Smart Voter, Judge; Court of Common Pleas; District 5; Republican Party Voter Information - May 21, 2013
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State: Unofficial Election Returns - 2013 Municipal Primary, Court of Common Pleas