Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Illinois Cook Judicial Circuit Court Subcircuits|
|Preceded by:||Lawrence Terrell|
|Past position:||Sole practitioner|
|Undergraduate:||University of Illinois|
|Law School:||Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent College of Law|
|Candidate for:||7th Subcircuit|
|Confirmation:||Vacancy of Lawrence Terrell|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||March 20, 2012|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
William Gamboney is a judge of the Cook County 7th Subcircuit in Illinois. He was elected to this position on Nov. 6, 2012 to fill the vacancy left by Lawrence Terrell. His current term expires in December of 2018.
Gamboney began his career as a private practice attorney. He then worked as an Assistant Cook County State's Attorney from 1979 to 1994. From 1994 until his judicial election in 2012, he worked as a sole practitioner.
- See also: Illinois judicial elections, 2012
- Illinois Board of Elections: November 6, 2012 Official Vote Scroll to p.133
- Martindale: William G. Gamboney, Jr. - Lawyer Profile
- For What It's Worth (blog), "Organizing the Data: 7th Subcircuit - Terrell vacancy," March 10, 2012
- Cook County Clerk: Cook County Unofficial Primary Election Results, March 20, 2012 (as of 9:00AM, 3/21/12) Scroll to p.19
- Committee to Elect Qualified Judges: Judicial Evaluations for the March 2012 Primary (dead link)