Debra L. Stephens is a justice on the Washington State Supreme Court. She was appointed to the court in December 2007 by Governor Christine Gregoire. Her current term ends in 2014.
Stephens received her B.A. from Gonzaga University in 1987 and her J.D. from Gonzaga University School of Law in 1993. 
After graduating from law school, Stephens served as a staff attorney for Fred Van Sickle, from 1993 to 1995. After that, she went into private practice. Stephens was appointed to the Washington Court of Appeals and then elected to the court, in 2007. She took office on the Washington Supreme Court on January 1, 2008. 
Awards and Associations
- 1995-present Adjunct Professor, Gonzaga University School of Law
- Member, Appellate Court Education Committee
- Member, Court Rules Committee
- 1995-2007 Coordinated Amicus Curiae Prgoram of the Washington State Trial Lawyers Association Foundation
- Former member, Board of Directors, Orchard Prairie School District No. 123
- Former member, Spokane Valley Rotary Club
- Former Deacon and Elder, Milwood Community Presbyterian Church
- Member, Sacred Heart Children's Foundation
- Former Community Board Advisor, People for Environmental Action & Community Health
- Founding member, Upward Bound Program
- Volunteer mentor, Gonzaga University students
- Former trustee, Washington Judicial College 
Stephens ran unopposed for election to a full six-year term on the court in November of 2008.
Stephens raised about $107,000 during her 2008 election campaign.
- Washington Courts: Debra Stephens
- Project Vote Smart, Justice Debra L. Stephens (WA)
- Legal Newsline, "Stephens set to coast to full term on Washington Court", June 16, 2008
- Ridenbaugh Press/Northwest, "The political Debra Stephens", December 8, 2007 (blog)
- Governor Chris Gregoire, "Governor Gregoire Appoints Debra L. Stephens to Division III Court of Appeals", April 24, 2007
- The Washington Supreme Court blog, an unofficial blog that covers the Washington State Supreme Court and its justices