George Stewart Brown
(1871-1941) was a federal judge
on the Board of General Appraisers
, the name of which was changed to the United States Customs Court
during the time of his service thereon.
Brown was nominated to the Board by President Woodrow Wilson. He was confirmed on November 13, 1913. He served as chief justice from 1939 to 1940. He assumed senior status on August 31, 1941, and served in that capacity until his death on November 11, 1941.
- Johns Hopkins University, A.B., 1893
- University of Maryland School of Law, LL.B., 1895
- Private practice, Baltimore, Maryland, 1895-1913
- Member, Baltimore City Council, 1899-1907