|Current Court Information:|
|Florida Supreme Court|
|Appointed by:||Charlie Crist|
|Preceded by:||Harry Lee Anstead|
|Past post:||Florida Fifteenth Circuit Court|
|Undergraduate:||University of Florida, 1976|
|Law School:||University of Florida School of Law, 1979|
Jorge Labarga is an associate justice of the seven member Florida Supreme Court. He was appointed to the court in the state's Commission-selection, political appointment method of judicial selection on January 6, 2009 by Governor Charlie Crist. Justice Labarga was retained for another six year term on November 2, 2010. His current term expires in 2017.
Following his admission to the bar Labarga served as an assistant public defender in the Florida Fifteenth Circuit Court. In 1982 he was promoted to be an assistant state attorney. In 1982 Labarga entered private practice, working with the firm Cone, Wagner, Nugent, Roth, Romano & Ericksen, P.A.. In 1996 Labarga began his career on the bench when he was appointed to serve as a Circuit Judge of the Florida Fifteenth Circuit Court by Governor Chiles where he served until his 2009 appointment to the Florida Supreme Court.
Awards and associations
- Judicial Independence Award, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2011 
| Florida Supreme Court, Associate Justice|
2010 General election results
- Click here for 2010 General Election Results from the Florida Secretary of State.
- Main Article: Florida judicial elections, 2010
- Florida Supreme Court
- NY Daily News, "Governor names Labarga to Florida Supreme Court", January 2, 2009
- Judicial Transparency Now, "Palm Beach Judge Jorge "Pay back" Labarga", January 2, 2009
- "Election 2000 Chronology"
- Justice Labarga's profil on Project Vote Smart
|Former||Charles Wells • Harry Lee Anstead • Raoul Cantero • Kenneth Bell • Joseph Hatchett • Rosemary Barkett •|