Karsten H. Rasmussen
|Karsten H. Rasmussen|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Oregon 2nd Judicial District|
|Active:||1999 - present|
|Bachelors:||University of Oregon|
|Law School:||University of Oregon|
|Grad. School:||University of Chicago|
|Candidate for:||2nd Judicial District|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||May 15, 2012|
- See also: Oregon judicial elections, 2012
Federal judgeship nomination
Judge Rasmussen is one of five recommendations made by Senator Ron Wyden to President Obama for a seat on the United States District Court for the District of Oregon. 
Judge Rasmussen earned a Bachelor of Arts in History from the University of Oregon and a Masters in History from the University of Chicago. He earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of Oregon.
Judge Rasmussen was a member of the Oregon State Senate from 1993 to 1995. Before his appointment to the Circuit Court in 1999, Rasmussen practiced civil litigation for 16 years.
- The Register-Guard, "Judge dismisses two girls’ lawsuit about climate change," April 6, 2012
- The Register Guard, "Rasmussen takes top spot on bench," April 4, 2012
- ↑ The Register Guard, "Rasmussen takes top spot on bench," April 4, 2012
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State, "Unofficial Election Results"
- ↑ Candidate List 2012
- ↑ The Oregonian "Five men named finalists for Oregon federal judgeships" July 16, 2009
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State Candidate Information for Karsten H. Rasmussen
- ↑ Lane County Circuit Court Judge Biographies