Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Hometown:||Orange County, CA|
|Undergraduate:||U. of California, Berkeley, B.A., 1989|
|Law School:||U. of California, Los Angeles Law, J.D., 1994|
|Candidate for:||United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit|
|Confirmation:||Appointed 10/17/2011, Awaiting Hearing|
Paul Watford is a Appellate litigation partner at the law firm of Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP in Los Angeles, CA. On October 17, 2011, Barack Obama appointed him to a post on the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit to replace Pamela Ann Rymer who passed away on September 21, 2011.
Federal judgeship nomination
On October 17, 2011 Watford was nominated by President Obama to serve as a Federal Judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. He is nominated to fill the seat vacated by Pamela Ann Rymer. 
The American Bar Association gave Battaglia a unanimous rating of "Well Qualified".  Obama commented on the nomination, stating, "“Paul J. Watford has displayed exceptional dedication to the legal profession through his work and I am honored to nominate him to serve the American people as a judge on the United States Court of Appeals. He will be a diligent, judicious and esteemed addition to the Ninth Circuit bench."
Early life and education
Born and raised in Orange County, CA, Watford received his B.A. from University of California, Berkeley in 1989 and his J.D. from University of California, Los Angeles Law in 1994.
- Law clerk to the Honorable Alex Kozinsk, 1994 - 1995
- Law clerk to the Honorable Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 1995 - 1996
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP, Associate, 1996-1997
- Assistant United States Attorney in the Central District of California, 1997-2000
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP, Associate, 2001-2003
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP, Partner, 2003 - present 
- "President Obama Nominates Paul J. Watford to Serve on the United States Court of Appeals" 10/17/2011
- LA Times "Obama nominates L.A. lawyer to 9th Circuit" 10/18/2011
|Vacancy Count by Congress|
|Vacancy Count by Year||Federal Vacancy Warning System: 2009 • Federal Vacancy Warning System: 2010 • Federal Vacancy Warning System: 2011 • Federal Vacancy Warning System: 2012|