R. Brooke Jackson
|R. Brooke Jackson|
|Current Court Information:|
|United States District Court for the District of Colorado|
|Appointed by:||Barack Obama|
|Active:||8/2/2011 - Current|
|Past post:||Colorado First Judicial District|
|Past chief:||2003 - 2011|
|Past term:||1998 - 2011|
|Law School:||Harvard Law '72|
Richard Brooke Jackson is a federal judge for the United States District Court for the District of Colorado. He joined the court in 2011 after an appointment from Barack Obama. Prior to appointment, Jackson was the Chief Judge for the Colorado First Judicial District Court.
Federal judgeship nomination
On September 29, 2010, President Obama nominated Jackson to serve on the United States District Court for the District of Colorado. 
Nomination returned to President
Jackson's nomination was returned to the President at the end of the 111th congress.
President Obama resubmitted the nomination on January 5, 2011.
Judicial committee hearing
Early life and education
Awards and associations
- 1st Judicial District Homepage
- The White House, Press Release: "Presidential Nominations Sent to the Senate, 9/29/10"
- My San Antonio, "Colorado closer to getting new federal judge" 5/13/2011
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Law Week Colorado, "Senate Confirms Brooke Jackson To Colorado’s U.S. Bench" 8/2/2011
- ↑ 1st Judicial District Judges
- ↑ The White House, Press Release: "Presidential Nominations Sent to the Senate, 9/29/10"
- ↑ Judicial Nomination Materials
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The White House, Press Release: "President Obama Names Two to the United States District Court," September 29, 2010
|Magistrate judges||David West • Kathleen Tafoya • Kristen Mix • Michael Hegarty • Craig Shaffer • Boyd Boland • Michael Watanabe • Gordon Gallagher •|
|Former Article III judges||
Moses Hallett • William E. Doyle • Edward Nottingham • Zita Weinshienk • John Porfilio • Robert E. Lewis • John Foster Symes • Olin Chilson • Alfred Arraj • Jean Breitenstein • James Carrigan • Phillip Figa • Sherman Finesilver • Daniel Sparr • Fred Winner • William Knous •
|Former Chief judges|