Russell E. Steele
|Russell E. Steele|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Missouri 2nd Judicial Circuit Court|
|Undergraduate:||University of Missouri|
|Law School:||University of Missouri Law School|
|Candidate for:||Missouri 2nd Judicial Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||August 7, 2012|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
- See also: Missouri judicial elections, 2012
House Resolution 333 accusations
In January 2012, Missouri Representative Zach Wyatt sponsored House Resolution 333 calling for Judge Steele's impeachment. The House Resolution accuses Steele of various breaches of Judicial Conduct.   Some of the accusations include perjury, tampering with a witness, favoritism, a romantic relationship with his assistant, having an ex parte communication with another judge, and threatening a potential witness. If the resolution passes, Judge Steele could face impeachment before the Missouri Supreme Court.
Response from Steele
On January 26, 2012, Steele issued a press release challenging the resolution. In it, he said, "...I am shocked and appalled, as the citizens of Northeast Missouri and this state should be, that for one of the only times in 190 years of the history of the Missouri General Assembly, members of the House of Representatives have introduced a resolution to impeach a circuit judge. This is an unprecedented and extraordinary political attack on a member of the judiciary and ignores the well established process that is in place to consider complaints against judges." 
To see the full release, read: ConnectTriStates.com, "Mo. Circuit Judge Steele responds to call for his impeachment," January 27, 2012
- Press Release, "Supreme Court recognizes 10 judicial circuits for holding timely child abuse, neglect hearings," 10/01/2007
- ↑ MO courts website: 2nd Circuit
- ↑ Missouri Secretary of State, "Unofficial primary candidate filing list"
- ↑ Martindale, "Judge Profile: Russell E. Steele"
- ↑ Daily Express, "Not satisfied with commission rulings, Wyatt seeks impeachment hearing on Judge Steele," Jan 25, 2012
- ↑ KHQA Newsdesk, "Missouri state rep. wants judge impeached," Jan 24, 2012
- ↑ House Resolution No. 333: Impeachment Articles
- ↑ ConnectTriStates.com, "Mo. Circuit Judge Steele responds to call for his impeachment," January 27, 2012