Wade Harper McCree
|Wade Harper McCree|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|3rd Circuit Court, Michigan|
|Appointed by:||Jennifer Granholm|
|Active:||2004 - 1/1/2015|
|Past post:||Michigan 36th District Court Judge|
|Past term:||1996 - 2004|
|Undergraduate:||University of Michigan|
|Law School:||Stanford Law School|
3rd Circuit Court in Wayne County, Michigan. He was appointed to this position by Gov. Granholm on June 25, 2004 to replace retired Judge Pamela Harwood. He was elected in 2006 and re-elected in 2008. His current 6-year term ends on January 1, 2015. He is the son of the late federal judge Wade Hampton McCree, Jr.
After graduating from law school, McCree began his career working for the Detroit Law Department. He then joined the law firm of Lewis, White & Munday, P.C. in 1987. He was appointed to the 36th District Court of Michigan in 1996. He served there until he was appointed to the Circuit Court in 2004.
- Granholm's Appointment
- Trial Courts Directory
- MyFoxDetroit.com, "Court Bailiff: Detroit Judge Wade McCree Sent a Nearly Nude Photo of Himself to My Cell Phone," April 23, 2012
- Michigan.gov, "Governor Granholm Appoints 36th District Judge Wade McCree to 3rd Circuit Court", June 25, 2004
- Michigan 2006 Election Results: 3rd Circuit Court Incumbents
- Michigan 2008 Election Results: 3rd Circuit Court Incumbents
- List of Michigan Circuit Courts
- New York Times: Obituaries, "Wade H. McCree Jr. Dies at 67; Was Judge and Solicitor General", September 1, 1987